"Everybody sees what you appear to be, but few feel what you are."
Lauren's Webpage...home of the "Engineer/Troublemaker"
Saturday, September 29, 2007
And so the Gators lost to Auburn for the second year in a row. I only woke up in time to watch the second half and the Gators actually managed two touchdowns to catch up during that time, but it just wasn't enough. I expect the Gators won't be able to recover from this loss like they did last year, but since it's been such a strange weekend for college football you never can tell. I'll still stand behind them. GO GATORS!
Posted at 8:40 PM, 0 Comments
I just got home from a 10+ hour shift at work. I have to go back at 11 PM for another one. Yuck. In other news, I promise to do a better job of keeping my webpage updated starting next week (when I go back to a regular work schedule).
Posted at 11:46 AM, 0 Comments
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Posted at 9:53 PM, 0 Comments
Monday, September 17, 2007
It's been a typical Monday morning so far. You know, the kind where you oversleep by an hour and a half, a construction worker has double parked his truck next to your car so that you can't get in, and when you finally get to work you discover that the computer network is down. And all of this on a day when you have an important review right after lunch. Oh well, I guess it can only get better!
Posted at 8:40 AM, 0 Comments
Sunday, September 16, 2007
1) Went shopping for the weekly groceries. This is always an adventure considering that everyone else does their grocery shopping on Sunday afternoons too. Plus, I had to go back later when I realized that I forgot milk and eggs.
2) Made pear cobbler for dessert. It smelled delicious while it was baking and when Dan and I had some after dinner we discovered that it was quite tasty too.
3) Watched the Emmy red carpet arrivals on E! since it's the only network that doesn't time delay their programming for the West Coast. It's silly because the awards show is taking place about 20 miles for where we live, but we can't watch it live.
4) Made dinner for Dan and me, which consisted of salad, bread sticks, and fruit. I love putting together a good meal.
5) Watched New Zealand's second Rugby World Cup match against Portugal. Dan and I watched the All Blacks walk all over Italy last weekend and it was more of the same for Portugal today.
6) Watched the Emmy's, which we TiVoed while the rugby game was on. The only nominated show that I've actually watched was "Lost" so I only had a few favorites. At least Terry O'Quinn won. We like the Colbert Report too, but they didn't have as much luck.
7) Tried to mentally prepare myself for the coming week. Failed miserably. Here we go again!
Posted at 10:32 PM, 0 Comments
Saturday, September 15, 2007
I'm sitting here watching the first nationally televised Gator football game of the season (they're playing Tennessee at home) and realizing that I haven't updated my webpage with any substance in a while. The first thing I should say is that my name change is mostly done now. Last Thursday I went to the DMV to get a new driver's license and to change the name on my car title and registration. And then yesterday I got my new license and car title in the mail. Combine this with the fact that I got my name changed on all three computer systems at work last week and I guess I am officially Lauren Feller! My new signature needs some work, though. I'm pretty comfortable with scrawling the "Lauren" part without any trouble, but the "Feller" part takes a bit of concentration. My cursive F's are terrible. Speaking of names, I must admit that when I purchased my domain name back in 2002 I did take the possibility of a future name change into consideration. Maybe it was a bit presumptuous of me since Dan and I had been dating less than a year at the time, but looking back it was a good decision to just have my first name in the address. One less thing I have to change now!
Posted at 2:02 PM, 0 Comments
Thursday, September 06, 2007
laurenfeller @ gmail.com
Posted at 10:53 AM, 0 Comments