I haven’t written a gratitude list in a long time for lots of reasons, but while I was sitting at work this weekend I made a list of some of the things I’m thankful for right now.
1) My job. I’ve never been so grateful to be gainfully employed as I have been these last six months. It’s the only thing that seems to be going right in my life these days! I can’t afford to lose sight of that so I have to remind myself every day how lucky I am.
2) Overtime pay. Since I had to work over the weekend supporting some testing and I can’t take days off later this week to make up for it, I’m lucky that my boss approved my request for overtime. A little extra money will be nice.
3) A decent raise. Fortunately I already make a good salary, but with the economy still suffering I was convinced my raise was going to be dismal this year. It’d been that way the last two years so I didn’t expect anything different in 2013. But when my boss gave me my new salary notification I was pleasantly surprised to see that I got a 4.8% raise. I’ll take it!
4) Free food. One of the good things about supporting this testing at work is getting free meals. Even if it might not be exactly what I’d order if I was on my own, I appreciate every dollar I can save these days!
5) Trying new things. Speaking of free food, we ordered lunch from a Thai restaurant on Friday which made me a little nervous because I’ve never tried Thai food before. I was afraid I wouldn’t like it so I ordered something basic – chicken pad thai. And it was delicious! I’m so glad I tried it.
6) Aleve. I won’t go into too much detail about this one, but I wouldn’t have made it through work on Saturday without it. Sometimes being a women really stinks, if you know what I mean. But fortunately I always have a bottle of Aleve in my work bag for just such an occasion. It’s God’s gift to women, I swear, and this woman is exceedingly thankful for it.
To be continued…