Big time NaBloPoMo fail

It’s the last day of November and I’m looking back in wonder at how spectacularly I failed at NaBloPoMo this year. Yikes. I only updated my webpage twenty times this month, so I skipped a third of the days. How pitiful! If I was going to make excuses I’d list the Avengers Half Marathon and Thanksgiving as the explanation for the missing posts, but those events aren’t the only reasons for the omissions. This month has been pretty exhausting and I didn’t manage my time very well. Oversubscription and procrastination make for a vicious circle. I’ve had trouble keeping up with just about everything since the half marathon two weeks ago. I think I was burned out and it made me lose my motivation to be productive in a lot of areas (running, writing, and housekeeping, to name a few). Fortunately, I think the Thanksgiving holiday helped to recharge my batteries and now I feel a lot better. As of today I am determined to turn everything around. Tomorrow is the first day of December and there’s no way I’m going to let the last month of the year slip away so easily.

I got home from San Francisco early this morning and I had so many things I wanted to accomplish to close out November on a good note. I have actually been fairly productive today, but there is still so much stuff that I didn’t get done. After my flight landed I drove straight to Target from the Long Beach airport and actually got there before they opened at 8 AM! In the meantime I went next door to the Ralph’s and bought some vegetables to cook for my lunches this week. (My diet was a distant memory while I was out of town and it’s high time I get back on track in that respect. I will elaborate on this bizarre and sensitive topic in a future post.) I snuck in to Target right at 8 AM so the crowds were minimal. The only thing I really wanted to get was a garland for my Christmas tree, but of course I also bought some frozen fruit for smoothies and a few other snacks. I’ve discovered that it’s impossible to leave Target with a single item. After these two errands I went home to unload everything from my car and start my productive Sunday. I intended to put up my Christmas tree today, but I spent too much time on other chores (and online shopping/TV watching) so decking the halls will have to wait until later this week. I did cook all of the vegetables I bought this morning and put together several lunches for the upcoming week, so that was good. I may not be fully prepared for the work week to start tomorrow, but at least I’ll be well fed. It’s going to be a busy week! More on that to come.